JUNK YARD DOG
This division is being implemented to create a low cost, fun class designed to put the fun back into racing.
- Vehicle is to remain in stock / factory condition with the exception of the following:
- front right wheel may be changed to racing rim of exact same
- size and offset as factory supplied.
- Best rule of thumb for division – if part is not available through local dealer for purchase, then it is not legal.
- Absolutely no performance enhancing add on parts are allowed.
- No adjustments to suspension / front end / rear end.
- If part or area of vehicle is not mentioned in following rules / regulations for division, then it must remain stock.
Track Claiming Rule
- $1000.00 (cash or certified cheque)
- Track retains the right to claim any car at any time during season.
- Claimed vehicle will be impounded at track at the end of the event.
- Driver / owner only will be allowed to remove any safety items installed under guidance by appointed track official.
- seat / belts / fuel tank ( container ) / etc.
- Refusal by driver / owner to turn over car upon request for claiming will result in vehicle being suspended permanently. Driver / owner is not suspended and may return with another vehicle as long as it meets rules.
- vehicle must pass track safety inspection prior to being allowed on track for any practice or racing. Once inspected, vehicle will be tagged and is good from then on.
- Center section safety cage (Enduro style cage) must be installed.
- consisting of right door bar / 4 left door bars / center section / halo.
- doors must be welded or solidly fixed shut.
- All flammable material must be removed.
- All holes in floor, front / rear firewall must be sealed.
- All glass must be removed with exception of windshield. Windshield must be secured using min. 4 safety clips and must have no visible cracks or defects.
- Head & taillights / side and rear windows / all reflectors and marker lights must be removed.
- No visible fluid / oil leaks any where on car allowed.
- Cooling system must be emptied and flushed of anti-freeze and refilled with water only.
- if plastic and in front of rear axle, may stay in stock location.
- if behind rear axle, must be removed and secured in truck.
- may also be removed and a portable marine style tank used in place of.
- for vehicles with electronic fuel injection, if not already equipped, a shut off switch is to be installed on roof by front driver door tower and identified so as to allow track safety crew easy access to shut off fuel in event of emergency.
- must remain in stock location and be securely fastened.
- may use single (bucket) style seat, but must be securely fastened to floor and roll cage.
- racing seat may also be installed and is preferred.
- four or five point harness required.
- all trim / molding must be removed.
- bumpers on vehicles must be secured using chains to prevent dragging and falling completely off.
- No parts are allowed to protrude outside of wheel openings.
- are to be installed at front and rear of vehicle to assist track safety crew in removing vehicle in event of becoming disabled on racing surface.
- only allowable is tire which were available on vehicle from factory.
- no shaving or cutting to enhance performance.
- Must have min. tread depth as accepted by MTO for road use of 2/32nds in. or above wear bars.
- any North American, V6 powered, Automatic, 2 or 4 door cars. FRONT WHEEL DRIVE ONLY. ( General Motors / Ford / Mercury / Chrysler / Dodge )
- wheelbase of 103 in. to 114 in.
- weight of between 3400 lbs to 3700 lbs.
Vehicles not allowed
- (ANY RWD)
- Ford Taurus SHO
- any supercharged / turbo charged engines
- Must be minimum 14yrs of age at start of racing season.
- Under age of 18yrs, must have parental consent forms, available from speedway, filled out and presented prior to start of the racing season.